Copywriting Tips For Success In Internet Marketing
Copywriting is the use of words and ideas to promote a person, business, opinion, or an idea. For internet marketers, copywriting is the art of using words to convince readers to buy your products. Can you do this? Of course you can. Here are some copywriting tips to help get you started:
1) Write Powerful Titles – Your title should promise a benefit your readers would gain from reading your copy. It should offer a solution to a problem they are having, and will compel them to continue reading your content. Make sure you prepare your title ahead of time and think about why you are writing, who you are writing to, and what action you want your readers to take as their next step. One powerful title by Dale Carnegie was “How To Win Friends and Influence People.” The title hooked me and millions of others to have this book. It promised a benefit and it delivered.
2) Focus On Benefits, Not Features – Features are the things a product does, benefits are the advantages people gain from buying it. Most people will buy based on feelings and logical motivations, so by focusing on benefits you are appealing to the reader’s personal emotional triggers. Emotional feelings include the excitement of discovering something new, being popular, or making more money. Logical motivations include saving time, money, or learning how to do something better. We all want to have our needs met and great copywriters know how to persuade people into taking action to fulfill these needs.
3) Use Positive Language – Try to inspire a reader with this copywriting tip by using words that show what a person can achieve or will achieve from your content. Do not use negative terms when they are expecting you to help them, not depress them. There is a reason that people avoid negative, pessimistic people!
4) Use Quality Words – Your copywriting should be easy to read and captivating. Make sure every word and sentence you write mean something to your readers and appeal to them. Do not use long-winded sentences that are hard to follow and have no relevance to anyone but you. Brevity is best-get to the point. In addition, you should use bullets, numbers, and headlines to clarify your main points and make it more reader-friendly.
5) Lead Your Readers To Your Website – This is where you will tell your readers what to do next after they read your copy. Enticing headlines and content should compel your readers to click on your link and go to your website to find additional information that can benefit them.
In summary, all these copywriting tips should benefit you, and will get you started on writing great copy in your internet marketing business. Remember to focus on the power of titles; the benefits the readers will get in your content; the quality of your writing; positive, inspiring words; and telling readers what to do next. Copywriting is actually an art and takes practice, but the more you learn and do, the more you will achieve.